Physical Activity and Nutrition
Partnering Organization - HNHfoundation
The HNHfoundation lead New Hampshire's Healthy Eating/Active Living (HEAL) planning process. Staff from the HPDP Team provided support to the project and HPDP members participated on the HEAL steering committee. The process resulted in a multi-sector and multi-level action plan to increasing activity and healthy eating in our state. We are committed to assisting the implementation of the plan's policy recommendations through continued partnership with HNHfoundation A summary of the opportunities for the Citizens Health Initiative to help implement of the HEAL Action Plan include:
- Engage business community in promoting HEAL recommendations.
- Engage food and recreation industry leaders in HEAL.
- Establish reimbursement and pay-for-performance policies (e.g. BMI measurement) for time spent for nutrition, physical activity, and weight management counseling during office visits for both commercial and Medicaid population.
- Garner support from policymakers for: LCHIP, Livable-Walkable Communities, Safe Routes to Schools, open space and parks, statewide nutrition standards for New Hampshire schools, school wellness committees and integrated curriculum for nutrition, physical activity, and media literacy/health.
- Support efforts to maximize federal funds for HEAL implementation.
The Foundation for Healthy Communities was chosen as the organization to implement the HEAL Action Plan and community grants program over the next few years.
Please visit the HEAL website www.healnh.org to view the HEAL Action Plan and learn about the implementation process.
Physical Activity and Nutrition Documents